<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, February 06, 2008

I am 27 

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
(Strip swiped from Perry Bible Fellowship)

I am 27 today. Yesterday was my last day at my old job, and tomorrow is my first day at my new job... which, if all goes well, will be the first steps onto the career path I've wanted since I was 10. Today is also Ash Wednesday, and the beginning of Lent. Put all that together, and it's like the universe is trying to tell me something.

And I know that sequence of events put together means nothing. My mom has a masters in statistics, and she wasn't shy about sharing the concepts she learned while she was doing it. But it's the human mind's imperative to look for patterns in an essentially random universe; that we can build narratives from nothing explains everything from conspiracy theorists to seeing Jesus in a tortilla.

But it's not always a bad thing, that ability. You can create delusions out of it, or you can find the meaning in your life... or in my case, put a little kick in your ass to do things right. So that's what I'm gonna do.

My, that was a somber birthday post. Sorry about that. Happy birthday to me! WOO!

Labels:


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?