<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, April 21, 2005

It's the most wonderful time of the year... 

So we're approaching the comic world's one-two punch of Thanksgiving and Christmas, 24 Hour Comic Day and Free Comic Book Day. Longtime readers may remember my participation in 24 Hour Comic Book day last year (scroll down to April 24th, "Start Your Engines"), which was simultaneously a personal trip through Hell and an extremely rewarding experience.

You see, I did the go-it-alone experience. Due to scheduling conflicts I wasn't able to attend the lock-in at Lone Star Comics last year and had to keep myself going over the span of 24 hours, with no one around to keep me honest. It's an interesting experience. If you have even the slightest ambition toward creative thought, I suggest you give the "go it alone" experience at least once in your life.

This year I'll be doing the community version at Lone Star's HQ, along with my good buddy Joe. I'll be armed with a laptop. I'm no artist and can't even pretend to be one, so I'm just going to see how many pages of script I can turn out in that time span before collapsing into a pile of fatigue.

You should give it a shot, yourself. Unless you're a pussy... and then, you know. I understand.

Pussy.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?