<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, July 28, 2004

A couple more quick notes. 

ITEM ONE: I have not ever claimed I am a reasonable person. I'm not. That's the whole point of the blog: To be unreasonable at high volumes. Nor do you need to get upset and feel personally attacked if you have not been personally named. Believe me, I have no qualms about calling out specific people, Legomancer.

(And I never said the movie was a good idea, either; just that it doesn't require everyone to act like a bastion of their childhood is being raped in the ass by bears.)

ITEM TWO: It just so happens I also think Thor, Ego the Living Planet, and the Flash are essentially very stupid characters too. Nothing about their powers are interesting; all the interesting stuff comes from the person behind the mask (well, except Ego). Green Lantern could be turned into a good, serious movie; I think to do so would require SERIOUS revisions to the character, and we all know how people would react to THAT, don't we?

Basic point: It's not a big deal. Lighten up. If you think it's a bad idea, fine, but I don't want to hear any more of this "hating the genre" nonsense.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?