<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, June 25, 2004

Heh heh. 

It's not comics news, but...

Buffeted by allegations of sex club forays, Republican candidate Jack Ryan on Friday dropped out of the U.S. Senate race in Illinois.

All the best stuff is right up front:

In a written statement, Ryan blamed the news media for the controversy, saying its interest in his personal life had gotten "out of control."

"It's clear to me that a vigorous debate on the issues most likely could not take place if I remain in the race," Ryan said. "What would take place, rather, is a brutal, scorched-earth campaign -- the kind of campaign that has turned off so many voters, the kind of politics I refuse to play."


Kinda sucks to be on the other end of it, doesn't it? Not so much fun when you're not the bully anymore.

Of course, Herr Ryan wasn't personally responsible for the ridiculous (and rather perverse) eight-year storm surrounding Bill Clinton's sex life, but I'm sure he didn't protest his party's doings in that, either.

Excuse me while I laugh. Heartily.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?