<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, June 08, 2004

Calling all manga enthusiasts. 

First, a huge shout-out to Annie Carlson of I'm Blue, because she's hooking me up with a cornucopia of E3 swag for no other reason than she is filled, as a particular publisher might say, with the milk of human kindness. Remember Annie? She of the awesome Batman open mike thingy?

(I also secretly suspect she's giving me stuff because I rule.)

So go hit up her strip. If you do tabletop RPGs, or computer games, or console games, or you like The Funny, then you're in good hands.

Now. Manga. Because I have ruled that I don't have enough shit draining my already laughable disposable income, I've decided to expand my horizons a bit and get in on this whole "dancing circles around Western comics" thing. But I don't really know where to start.

I picked up the first volume of Lone Wolf & Cub, because duh, and THE ROOMMATE has lent me a copy of the first Trigun volume (that I have not read yet)...

Quick question:

If the manga is done in what we would call back-to-front order, does that mean my eye should flow right to left on big two-page splashes?

Anyway. I need some guidance, here. I've already heard some stuff mentioned on the blogo-mart (Iron Wok Jan, GTO, Battle Royale), but I figure the regular readers of my blog might know my tastes fairly well, and assign titles accordingly.

Any ideas? Or do you want me to get specific about what I like?

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?