<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, April 16, 2004

So I'm a bit behind. 

Second-finest column in comics. This one about the whole CrossGen/American Power mess. No finer breakdown of that situation has yet been written.

Look, it really is as simple as Graeme lays it out, folks. This isn't a political issue. And conservative pundits of the comic book world? I can't help but feel you're rushing to this book's defense for no other reason than Chuck Dixon is nominally one of you. There is no way you can defend what is so obviously a complete piece of garbage.

To neocon comic book talking heads: just because Dixon says he's one of you, that doesn't mean you have to rush to his aid. I am a dyed-in-the-wool liberal, but I don't feel the need to defend any and every crackpot left-of-center because other people say he has the same politics I do. I'm not a vegan, I believe in the death penalty in certain circumstances, and I am not a zombie to the party line. Neither should you be.

Chuck Dixon, much as I like some of his work, is not a conservative. He's just fucking crazy.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?