<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, February 29, 2004

Let's see how I do. 

As predicted half an hour before the Oscars start:

Best Picture: Return of the King.

Best Director: Peter Jackson (second choice: Clint Eastwood)

Best Actor: Bill Murray

Best Actress: Charlize Theron

Best Supporting Actor: Tim Robbins (by a sliver; second choice: Ken Watanabe)

Best Supporting Actress: Patricia Clarkson (second choice: Holly Hunter; potential surprise: Zellweger)

Best Animated: Finding Nemo

Best Adapted Screenplay: Mystic River (second choice: American Splendor)

Best Original Screenplay: Lost in Translation (the fact that Finding Nemo nominated is beyond fucking cool, by the way.)

Best Foreign Film: No City of God = this category is dead to me.

Let's see how I do...

UPDATE: Post-show.

So I got 6 out of 9. That's the best I've ever done, by FAR, and that of course happens on the year I don't run a contest on LD for the express purpose of looking smart.

And by the gods, I love LOTR, I really do. Star Wars of the new generation, blah blah blah. But did they really have to take best adapted screenplay? They got quite enough compensation, I think, in winning everything from Best Picture to Best Use of Pointy Ear Prosthetics. You could have spread the love a little, to the less obvious nominees.

Adrien Brody with the breath spray, that was genius.

Overall, good show. But good god that fucker goes on forever, doesn't it?

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?